Due to the ongoing situation with COVID-19, the organizers of the 2020 WSECC have voted to approve the switch from an in person event in Tacoma to an online event that will be hosted on chesskid.com! Some details about the event:
- The event will still be held on May 2nd, 2020.
- The 1st round will begin for all grades at 9am. Players will be able to login approximately 15 minutes prior and all players will need to be logged in BEFORE 9am.
- The event will be 7 rounds.
- Each subsequent round will begin immediately following the end of the last game in that section (please note this means each grade-level section will run on a slightly different schedule).
- The last round for all sections should begin no later than 3pm.
- The event will use NWSRS Ratings and will be submitted for rating following the conclusion of the event.
- No Qualification necessary! Since many of our events were unable to occur, this event will be open to all players in WA.
- All Players registered will be given a special one-day account with chesskid.com, so no personal accounts will be required. Players will not be able to use any pre-existing chesskid.com account for the event.
- Trophies will be given to players who finish with a plus score!
- Team Awards will still be given to schools with the top scores.
- Team protect will not be in-effect for pairings during the event. You could end up being paired against your teammates.
- The registration fee will be $45 per player. The price will increase to $55 per player on April 20th, 2020.
- Prior to participation all players will be required to sign a Fair Play Agreement (to be emailed to all participants).
- The Agreement can also be found on the Fair Play Notes and Agreement page here: Fair Play Notes
- A free “warm-up” tournament will be available, free to all players, on 4/25
- Please see wsecc.org/warm-up-event for details!
- For full Tournament details for 5/2 please see here: Tournament Information
Registration will still be held on chessreg.com/wsecc. Registration will be $45 per player until April 20.
If you would like to withdraw from the event instead, you may request a full refund any time before April 19, 2020. After April 19, all refunds will be subject to a $5 processing fee.
Thank you all for your support of chess and we look forward to having as many of you as possible join us online on May 2nd.